Pages

Tuesday, November 9, 2021

Apples Never Fall Book Review

Apples Never FallApples Never Fall by Liane Moriarty
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I loved Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty, was a bit sceptical aboutthis book matching the standard set.

Have to admit I liked this book VERY MUCH. There were some parts that worked for me and some that didn't.

I liked the whole of the Delaneys, how tennis consumed their life and how everything centred around the sport. The character of each of the Delaney siblings is so well etched, you kinda start relating some parts of some character to someone you know. For me, Joy's story was the best part. Her internal monologues, the universal mommy guilt, her seething resentment tempered with reason.

I don't care much for the non-linear narrative. The then and now keeps one hooked, but the material doesn't need this kind of a tool to engage the reader. I would have wished to know more about Savannah. Such a strong character and so little insight. And then there is this outlandish bit about ONE day's tiny events so many years ago impacting a whole lot.

Like with Big Little Lies,this book too can be adapted for screen.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment